Building Python Microservices with FastAPI: Build secure scalable and structured Python microservices from design concepts to infrastructure PDF
- Length: 420 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
Discover the secrets of building Python microservices using the FastAPI framework
- Provides a reference that contains definitions, illustrations, comparative analysis, and the implementation of real-world apps
- Covers concepts, core details, and advanced integration and design-related topics
- Imparts context, app templates, suggestions, and insights that are helpful to actual projects
FastAPI is an Asynchronous Server Gateway Interface (ASGI)-based framework that can help build modern, manageable, and fast microservices. Because of its asynchronous core platform, this ASGI-based framework provides the best option when it comes to performance, reliability, and scalability over the WSGI-based Django and Flask. When working with Python, Flask, and Django microservices, you’ll be able to put your knowledge to work with this practical guide to building seamlessly manageable and fast microservices.
You’ll begin by understanding the background of FastAPI and learning how to install, configure, and use FastAPI to decompose business units. You’ll explore a unique and asynchronous REST API framework that can provide a better option when it comes to building microservices. After that, this book will guide you on how to apply and translate microservices design patterns in building various microservices applications and RESTful APIs using the FastAPI framework.
By the end of this microservices book, you’ll be able to understand, build, deploy, test, and experiment with microservices and their components using the FastAPI framework.
What you will learn
- Understand, orient, and implement REST APIs using the basic components of the FastAPI framework
- Build asynchronous as well as synchronous REST services using the built-in pydantic module and asyncio support
- Create small-scale and large-scale microservices applications using features supported by FastAPI
- Build event-driven and message-driven applications using the framework
- Create an asynchronous and synchronous data layer with both relational and NoSQL databases
- Perform numerical and symbolic computations with FastAPI