Real-Time Streaming with Apache Kafka Spark and Storm: Create Platforms That Can Quickly Crunch Data and Deliver Real-Time Analytics to Users
- Length: 182 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: BPB Publications
- Publication Date: 2021-08-21
Build a platform using Apache Kafka, Spark, and Storm to generate real-time data insights and view them through Dashboards.
- Extensive practical demonstration of Apache Kafka concepts, including producer and consumer examples.
- Includes graphical examples and explanations of implementing Kafka Producer and Kafka Consumer commands and methods.
- Covers integration and implementation of Spark-Kafka and Kafka-Storm architectures.
Real-Time Streaming with Apache Kafka, Spark, and Storm is a book that provides an overview of the real-time streaming concepts and architectures of Apache Kafka, Storm, and Spark. The readers will learn how to build systems that can process data streams in real time using these technologies. They will be able to process a large amount of real-time data and perform analytics or generate insights as a result of this.
The architecture of Kafka and its various components are described in detail. A Kafka Cluster installation and configuration will be demonstrated. The Kafka publisher-subscriber system will be implemented in the Eclipse IDE using the Command Line and Java. The book discusses the architecture of Apache Storm, the concepts of Spout and Bolt, as well as their applications in a Transaction Alert System. It also describes Spark’s core concepts, applications, and the use of Spark to implement a microservice. To learn about the process of integrating Kafka and Storm, two approaches to Spark and Kafka integration will be discussed.
This book will assist a software engineer to transition to a Big Data engineer and Big Data architect by providing knowledge of big data processing and the architectures of Kafka, Storm, and Spark Streaming.
What you will learn
- Creation of Kafka producers, consumers, and brokers using command line.
- End-to-end implementation of Kafka messaging system with Java in Eclipse.
- Perform installation and creation of a Storm Cluster and execute Storm Management commands.
- Implement Spouts, Bolts and a Topology in Storm for Transaction alert application system.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for Software Developers, Data Scientists, and Big Data Architects who want to build software systems to process data streams in real time. To understand the concepts in this book, knowledge of any programming language such as Java, Python, etc. is needed