Building Microservices: Designing Fine-Grained Systems 2nd Edition PDF
by Sam Newman
- Length: 616 pages
- Edition: 2
- Language: English
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media
- Publication Date: 2021-10-19
As organizations shift from monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained microservices, distributed systems have become more fine-grained. But developing these new systems brings its own host of problems. This expanded second edition takes a holistic view of topics that you need to consider when building, managing, and scaling microservices architectures.
Through clear examples and practical advice, author Sam Newman gives everyone from architects and developers to testers and IT operators a firm grounding in the concepts. You’ll dive into the latest solutions for modeling, integrating, testing, deploying, and monitoring your own autonomous services. Real-world cases reveal how organizations today manage to get the most out of these architectures.
Microservices technologies continue to move quickly. This book brings you up to speed.
- Get new information on user interfaces, container orchestration, and serverless
- Use microservices to align system design with your organization’s goals
- Explore options for integrating a service with the rest of your system
- Take an incremental approach when splitting monolithic codebases
- Deploy individual microservices through continuous integration
- Examine the complexities of testing and monitoring distributed services
- Manage security with expanded content around user-to-service and service-to-service models