Functional Programming in C#, 2nd Edition
- Length: 448 pages
- Edition: 2
- Language: English
- Publisher: Manning
- Publication Date: 2022-01-25
Real world examples and practical techniques for functional programming in C# without the jargon and theory.
In Functional Programming in C#, Second Edition you will learn how to:
- Use higher-order functions to reduce duplication and do more with less code
- Use pure functions to write code that is easy to test and optimize
- Write pleasant APIs that accurately describe your program’s behavior
- Use dedicated types to handle nullability, system errors, and validation rules predictably and elegantly
- Write composable code without the overhead of an IoC container
Functional Programming in C# has helped thousands of developers apply functional thinking to C# code. Its practical examples and spot-on treatment of FP concepts makes it the perfect guide for proficient C# programmers. This second edition is fully revised to cover new functional-inspired features in the most recent releases of C#, including tuples, async streams, pattern matching, and records. Each chapter is packed with awesome perspectives and epiphany moments on how functional programming can change the way you code.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the technology
Turbocharge your C# code. Good functional techniques will improve concurrency, state management, event handling, and maintainability of your software. This book gives you practical answers to why, how, and where to add functional programing into your C# coding practice.
About the book
Functional Programming in C#, Second Edition teaches functional thinking for real-world problems. It reviews the C# language features that allow you to program functionally and through many practical examples shows the power of function composition, data-driven programming, and immutable data structures. All code examples work with .NET 6 and C# 10.