Hands-On Data Preprocessing in Python: Learn how to effectively prepare data for successful data analytics
by Roy Jafari
- Length: 602 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2022-01-21
This book will make the link between data cleaning and preprocessing to help you design effective data analytic solutions
- Develop the skills to perform data cleaning, data integration, data reduction, and data transformation
- Get ready to make the most of your data with powerful data transformation and massaging techniques
- Perform thorough data cleaning, such as dealing with missing values and outliers
Data preprocessing is the first step in data visualization, data analytics, and machine learning, where data is prepared for analytics functions to get the best possible insights. Around 90% of the time spent on data analytics, data visualization, and machine learning projects is dedicated to performing data preprocessing.
This book will equip you with the optimum data preprocessing techniques from multiple perspectives. You’ll learn about different technical and analytical aspects of data preprocessing – data collection, data cleaning, data integration, data reduction, and data transformation – and get to grips with implementing them using the open source Python programming environment. This book will provide a comprehensive articulation of data preprocessing, its whys and hows, and help you identify opportunities where data analytics could lead to more effective decision making. It also demonstrates the role of data management systems and technologies for effective analytics and how to use APIs to pull data.