Building Big Data Pipelines with Apache Beam: Use a single programming model for both batch and stream data processing
by Jan Lukavský
- Length: 342 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2022-01-21
mplement, run, operate, and test data processing pipelines using Apache Beam
- Understand how to improve usability and productivity when implementing Beam pipelines
- Learn how to use stateful processing to implement complex use cases using Apache Beam
- Implement, test, and run Apache Beam pipelines with the help of expert tips and techniques
Apache Beam is an open source unified programming model for implementing and executing data processing pipelines, including Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL), batch, and stream processing.
This book will help you to confidently build data processing pipelines with Apache Beam. You’ll start with an overview of Apache Beam and understand how to use it to implement basic pipelines. You’ll also learn how to test and run the pipelines efficiently. As you progress, you’ll explore how to structure your code for reusability and also use various Domain Specific Languages (DSLs). Later chapters will show you how to use schemas and query your data using (streaming) SQL. Finally, you’ll understand advanced Apache Beam concepts, such as implementing your own I/O connectors.