C++20 – The Complete Guide 2022
- Length: 474 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: NicoJosuttis
- Publication Date: 2022-01-06
C++20 is the latest evolution in modern C++ programming, which will soon become supported by the latest version of gcc, clang, and Visual C++.
It is a big step, maybe even bigger than C++11 was.
It contains a couple of new key features (modules, concepts, ranges, corountines) plus several small but valuable language and library features, which again will change the way we program in C++. This applies to both application programers and programmers providing foundation libraries.
This book will present all the new language and library features of C++20. It will cover the motivation and context of each new feature with examples and background information. As usual for books by Nicolai Josuttis, the focus lies on the application of the new features in practice and will demonstrate how features impact day-to-day programming and how to benefit from them in projects.
Nicolai M. Josuttis is well known in the programming community for his authoritative books and talks. For more than 20 years he is a member of the C++ Standard Committee. He is the (co-)author of several worldwide best-sellers, including
- C++17 – The Complete Guide, all new language and library features of C++17
- C++ Move Semantics – The Complete Guide, all aspects of move semantics in one book
- The C++ Standard Library, the book about the C++ Standard Library, first publication in 1999
- C++ Templates – The Complete Guide (with David Vandevoorde and Doug Gregor), the book about templates