1-Hour WordPress 2021: A visual step-by-step guide to building WordPress websites in one hour or less!
- Length: 191 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publication Date: 2021-01-11
1-Hour WordPress 2021 is a book that has a simple goal. Take anyone, even a complete beginner, and teach them how to build a fully functional WordPress website in an hour or less.
This book teaches on a strictly need-to-know basis, so you won’t get bogged down in the technical aspects of WordPress. With around 240 screenshots, you also won’t be wondering what the heck I am talking about. It’s like watching over-my-shoulder. Just watch what I do, and follow along as you build your own website.
This book covers all of the important basics like:
1. Setting up with a domain registrar and host, and installing WordPress.
2. Logging into your WordPress dashboard and finding your way around.
3. Exploring the demo content that WordPress installs, including the post, page and comment.
4. Planning your website before you start working in WordPress.
5. Working your way through the important settings, and getting the site set up for success.
6. Posts v Pages are one of the most confusing aspects of WordPress for many beginners, but we cover those in depth, and you’ll learn when to use a post and when to use a page.
7. Using the old WYSIWYG editor AND the Gutenberg editor to add content, and how to use categories and tags to classify and group your content. This is important as it will make your site intuitive for visitors, and the search engines.
8. Adding navigation to help your visitors.
9. Creating custom menus and adding them to your site.
10. Using widgets to add new features to your web pages.
11. WordPress defaults to a blog style homepage, but I’ll show you how to set up a more traditional static homepage where you control 100% of the content.
12. Using plugins to extend the functionality of WordPress. We’ll look at a number of essential plugins that I use on most of my own websites.
13. Keeping WordPress and plugins up to date.
14. Customizing the look and feel of the site with WordPress themes.
15. How you can make money with your website by adding affiliate programs and/or Google Adsense.
16. Three website models: Business, Blog, and Niche site, with instructions and videos showing how to implement them in WordPress.
This book contains a link to an updates page, so that when things change, I can keep you informed, plus a few video tutorials. There is even free access to my blogging course for readers in 2021.
In short, this book is a complete beginners guide to WordPress. Follow as you go through the book, and you can have your very own, professiona