Python for Absolute Beginners: A Practical Introduction to Modern Python with Simple Hands-on Projects
by Harry Yoon
- Length: 417 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Coding Books Press
- Publication Date: 2021-11-17
Python Programming Basics for Beginners
Wanna learn programming? Wanna learn Python? Start from this book!
Python for Absolute Beginners will give you the best introduction to programming in Python whether you are coming from a different programming language background or you are interested in learning programming for the first time. This book covers all the essential features of Modern Python (Python 3.10) through carefully designed code examples.
Python for Absolute Beginners starts from the absolute basics such as how to install the Python tools on your machine, and how to use the Python interactive shell. The book covers all the key concepts of Python 3 with the enough depth to be useful even to the experienced programmers.
Python for Absolute Beginners is rather unique in that, throughout the book, we cover the fundamentals of Python programming while working on a few simple real programming projects. The book also includes a few “lab sessions” with a number of practical exercises, in which the readers can practice real hands-on programming.
Python for Absolute Beginners covers the following topics, among others:
- The basic structure of a Python program.
- Basic constructs of Python such as expressions and statements.
- Simple builtin data types, e.g., as integer, float, bool, and string.
- Complex builtin data types, e.g., list, tuple, and dictionary.
- Builtin functions and methods, e.g., print, input, type, etc.
- Arithmetic and comparison operations.
- Variables and assignments.
- Loops using `for` and `while`.
- Conditional expressions and conditional statements.
- The new `match` statement. (New as of 3.10.)
- How to define a function using the `def` statement.
- How to define a custom type using the `class` statement.
- How to create a new enum type.
- Basic concepts of recursio