Procurement Principles and Management in the Digital Age, 12th Edition
- Length: 584 pages
- Edition: 12
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pearson
- Publication Date: 2021-11-11
Gain a comprehensive insight into the ideas and approaches to purchasing and procurement
Now in its 12th edition, Procurement Principles and Management in the Digital Age by Baily, Farmer, Crocker and Jessop has been essential reading for practitioners and students of purchasing, procurement and supply chain management for nearly 50 years. The text has been updated to cover the continuous developments taking place in this field, and carefully balances emerging philosophies with proven and established thinking and practice in the profession. This new edition covers various existing and future concerns in procurement and supply chain such as digitalisation, sustainability and resilience.
This ever-popular title offers:
- relevant case studies and research boxes that explore the topics introduced in the chapter in detail
- latest global examples of best practice in many key areas of purchasing and procurement
- expanded treatment of key topics, including supplier diversity, supplier relationship management, sustainability, retail procurement and category management
- additional material on Industry 4.0 elements such as e-procurement, Blockchain, the Internet of Things, Big Data, robotics, artificial intelligence (AI), chatbots and analytics
- post-Brexit implications on public sector procurement
- long-term impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on procurement and supply chain
- increased focus on social value strategies and approaches, contract management, procurement of consultancy and supply chain resilience approaches.