Sams Teach Yourself SQL in 24 Hours, 7th Edition
- Length: 504 pages
- Edition: 7
- Language: English
- Publisher: Sams Publishing
- Publication Date: 2021-12-27
- ISBN-10: 0137543123
- ISBN-13: 9780137543120
- Sales Rank: #0 (See Top 100 Books)
Includes Coverage of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Implementations
In just 24 lessons of one hour or less, SQL in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself, Seventh Edition, helps you use SQL to build effective databases, efficiently retrieve data, and manage everything from performance to security.
The straightforward, step-by-step approach shows you how to work with database structures, objects, queries, tables, and more. In just hours, you will be applying advanced techniques, including views, transactions, web connections, and powerful Oracle and SQL Server extensions. Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success.
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common SQL tasks.
Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn.
Quizzes and exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills.
Notes and tips point out shortcuts and solutions.
Learn how to…
- Define efficient database structures and objects
- “Normalize” raw databases into logically organized tables
- Edit relational data and tables with DML
- Manage transactions
- Write effective, well-performing queries
- Categorize, summarize, sort, group, and restructure data
- Work with dates and times
- Join tables in queries, use subqueries, and combine multiple queries
- Master powerful query optimization techniques
- Administer databases and manage users
- Secure databases and protect data
- Use views, synonyms, and the system catalog
- Extend SQL to the enterprise and Internet
- Master important Oracle and Microsoft extensions to ANSI SQL
Register your product at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and corrections as they become available.