Excel 2019 Project Book: Spreadsheets • Databases • Case Studies
- Length: 175 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Mercury Learning and Information
- Publication Date: 2021-10-30
- ISBN-10: 1683927699
- ISBN-13: 9781683927693
- Sales Rank: #0 (See Top 100 Books)
Designed as a project and case-oriented approach to learning Excel, the emphasis of this book is on learning by doing. The book presents a series of progressively reinforcing problem sets, which allow the exploration of real-life business problems. First, the background, theory, formulas, and calculations arediscussed, followed by the design of Excel spreadsheets, which support the creation of effective spreadsheets for these applications. Finally, the proper solution and other related aspects are discussed, forming a cohesive set of practical application problems. Some of the topics explored include amortization tables, weighted averages, cash flows, payroll calculations, break even analysis, and spreadsheet databases. Excel techniques include formulas and functions, cell addressing, conditional and lookup functions, graphs, sorting, and filtering.
- Provides 30 projects, several How-to Guides, and Application Types to learn Excel skills using problems, applications, and case studies featuring practical business problems
- Explores formulas and functions, financial functions, cell addressing, conditional functions, lookup functions, graphs, sorting, and filtering, amortization tables, future values of an investment, weighted averages, cash flows, payroll calculations, break even analysis, economic order quantity, spreadsheet databases, and more
- Instructor resources available with four Excel video tutorials and images from the text.