Data Management at Scale: Best Practices for Enterprise Architecture
- Length: 328 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media
- Publication Date: 2020-08-25
- ISBN-10: 149205478X
- ISBN-13: 9781492054788
- Sales Rank: #1709291 (See Top 100 Books)
As data management and integration continue to evolve rapidly, storing all your data in one place such as a data warehouse is no longer scalable. In the very near future, data will need to be distributed and available for several technological solutions. With this practical book, you’ll learn how to migrate your enterprise from a complex and tightly coupled data landscape to a more flexible architecture ready for the modern world of data consumption.
Executives, data architects, analytics teams, and compliance and governance staff will learn how to build a modern scalable data landscape using the Scaled Architecture, which you can introduce incrementally without a large upfront investment. Author Piethein Strengholt provides blueprints, principles, observations, best practices, and patterns to get you up to speed.
- Examine data management trends and difficulties, including technological developments and regulatory and privacy requirements that puzzle enterprises
- Go deep into the Scaled Architecture and learn how the pieces fit together
- Explore data governance and data security, master data management, self-service data marketplaces, and the importance of metadata